Amino Multifunctional Treatment Instructions
Amino Multifunctional Treatment by DiscovHair™ is a true treatment: it penetrates the hair shaft harmlessly without hurting the hair structure and fills up the hair cortex with loads of amino acids and protein goodies. It’s not a coating like a Brazilian keratin treatment. The Amino treatment gives you multiple options: you can choose to just condition and de-frizz, relax curls or properly straighten the hair.
The formula can’t be over processed, it can be repeated as often as desired and is safe for anyone to use including pregnant/breastfeeding women and children. It’s non-allergic and for all hair types, see specific guidelines below. It has instant results and the hair can be cut, coloured and styled straight after treatment (curls will hold). The treatment also won’t wear off in the sea, swimming pool or gym. Results are very light and natural, it’s your own real hair! Just better…
|Wash hair twice with Key Shampoo, see the table below for the duration|
|Shake Amino well and apply on DAMP hair, 100% cover, 40 – 60 ml|
|Put a plastic cap and pierce 12-15 times. Heat under the climazon on medium heat, see the table below for the duration.If no climazon is available: keep hair warm with hair dryer, warming it every 8 to 10 minutes for a period of 2 minutes. The aim is to keep hair warm, not hot.|
|Blow-dry 100% with brush. See expert advice below for bleached or damaged hair.|
|Part hair to 4 and straighten, directions:
For straighteningTiny 1/2 inch sections you can see your fingers through – for repetitions and degrees see the table below
For relaxing curlsSmall 1 inch sections – for repetitions and degrees see the table below
For conditioningMedium 1.5 inch sections OR see “Treatment only” section on the table below
Wait 5 min to cool.
Wash with Care Shampoo and apply Soft Conditioner or Smooth Mask (leave mask on for 2 min). Apply Silk Serum and blow-dry as usual. Amino Silk Serum can also be used as a finishing product.
|Clarifying Key Shampoo leave in for||Climazon processing time||Straighteners|
|Virgin/natural hair||1st wash: normal
2nd wash: 10 minutes
Extremely dark and thick: up to 50 minutes
All colours 8 – 10 repetitions
Colour shade 1 – 7: 230°C
Colour shade 8 – 10: 210° – 230°C
Grey hair: 160° – 190°C and 4-6 repetitions
|Coloured hair||1st wash: normal
2nd wash: 5 minutes
|25 – 30 minutes||Repetitions
Colour shade 1 – 7: 8 – 10 repetitions
Colour shade 8 – 12: 3 – 6 repetitions
All colour shades: 200° – 230°C
|Bleached, damaged and very fine hair||1st wash: normal
2nd wash: 2 – 5 minutes
|20 – 25 minutes||Repetitions
2 – 5
180° – 210°C
|Treatment only||see hairtype above||see hairtype above||Blow-dry on high heat 100% with brush. No need to go over with straighteners. Wash hair according to step 6.|
Step 1: Key shampoo expert advice
- No need to massage for longer than 2 minutes
- Wash out the Key shampoo 100%, any shampoo left may lift the hair colour.
Step 3: Climazon expert advice
- If you don’t have a climazon, keep the hair warm with the hair dryer: go over it for 2 -3 minutes every 8 – 10 minutes. In the 30 minutes processing time you will do this 2 – 3 times.
Step 4: Blow-dry expert advice
- Bleached/damaged hair: if the hair feels hard and tacky when blowdrying a strand and you can’t brush through, this extra step is advisable and will dilute the formula.
If slightly tacky: spray the hair with water, comb through and blow-dry 100%.
If very tacky: at back-wash make the hair wet with cold water without rinsing out the formula. Massage water back into hair for 1 minute. Blow-dry 100%.
If extremely tacky: rinse out the product up to 70%. Blow-dry 100%.
Step 5: Straightening expert advice
- Always trust your own feeling while straightening the hair to judge whether you made enough repetitions and the temperature is right to achieve desired results. Because this is not a chemical formula this guide is not written in stone, every hair is different. And you know your client’s hair the best.
- You’ll need straighteners that go up to 230°C with titanium blades. Titanium regulates the heat better and gives superior results over ceramic blades. Straighteners for home use usually are not hot enough.
- Advise your customer that colour might lift 1 or 2 shades. With treatment only this is not the case.
After care expert advice
- Advise to use a sulphate and paraben free shampoo and conditioner or mask for prolonged silky soft results. The treatment won’t wear off when advise is not followed, but silky feeling may wear off quicker.
- For the first 5 to 10 washes the hair might smell from sulphur when wet. It also might feel heavier than normal. This will all wear off.
- To improve results, motivate the client to go over the hair with straighteners after wash and blow-dry for the first 5 to 10 washes. Home use straighteners suffice.
Do you need more information? See if your question has been answered in our FAQ.